Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Summer is gone and....

Have you ever had days that felt frantic, frenetic and overdone? I feel like the summer was a series of days just like that...I had all the hope in the world that I would be reveling in blissful days of sunshine; evenings on our back patio, grilling something delectable; bright, beachy days surfing with my husband and sons, and fruitful days of work and accomplishments...

Well...some of those wishes did, in fact, come true...but first of all, where WERE those warm sunny days of summer? My vegetable gardens moped and struggled along in our cloudy days...and sitting outside for an evening under the stars? too cool to try it very often I am afraid...(though it was fun to bundle up, get a fire going outside and talk into the night with a good glass of wine, and s'mores for dessert!) And surfing...hmmm...my husband got all of us out surfing all last year, learning how to stand up, catch the rollers, and hang on...and we were truly looking forward to a summer of "hangin ten", only to find that the waves were pretty much non existent here in Santa Barbara...our Pacific Ocean looked much more like a lake this year...
So, we worked on projects all summer long... a new roof here, new stairs there...trimming here, there, and everywhere...and though we accomplished SO MUCH, it started to feel like a marathon, (and one I had not trained for!) My husband is amazing...he stayed with it, ticking things off the list, day by day...and I did my best to keep running along...but, frantic, frenetic and overdone...that is how I felt by the end of August...
And now September is here! I am happily preparing for my upcoming shows...Remnants of the Past, October 2nd...and the CALM show in Mid October...here are a few finds I will be bringing along...I can not wait! Be sure to join me...check out the Remnants show (www.remnantsofthepast.com) It is a wonderful show...great dealers, and a purely magical day... I hope to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment