Wednesday, April 13, 2011

bits of whimsy...

It is always fun to have the camera (or in most cases, my cell phone...(note to self...how far we have all come from our little kodak cameras!))  out to catch little moments, quick vignettes, and whimsical fancies!
snapped a quick picture of a table full of goodies....just before I started organizing them for sale this last fleamarket...my sons help me by putting everything out...then they go shop and I get to work organizing it all into little vignettes...but I thought this looked fun just as it was...a little chaotic!

Just lately, my good husband and I have been chatting about trying experience things a little differently, view with an author or a painter's eye...capturing stories, and imagining...And part of that is doing things out of your normal routine...
We have had the interesting experience of being without television for several months (part of the long story mentioned in a previous post)...& we have been reading quite a bit (could not be happier about that!) and then sharing with each other bits from books we are both reading (just now he is reading a "a Brief History of the World" and I just finished "The Dressmaker" (good writing style, fairly good storyline))  I am trying to decide what to read next...hmmm....
I am quite enjoying this!  But on a side note...what is everyone doing about the sad demise of bookstores?  It seems they are all closing down.....it just does not seem the same to pop on to the internet to browse for a book as it is to grab a cup of coffee...wander the aisles and settle on a few good reads....I am seriously starting to miss that!
Anyway...more later...here is to seeing and expressing our creative visions...
And I have to say, I am always inspired by all of you who share your creative vision during  White Wednesdays ...thank you!!!  Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment